Sunday 28 January 2018

Amherst Isl. trip: getting there 1

We were headed to Amherst Isl. We left at 7:39 a.m., and the sunrise was wonderful!



This dude, driving a rental truck, was anxious to go faster than the speed limit. Hubby pulled over and let him pass, he tooted thanks!


The ice on the rock. Temperatures have gone up and down overnight.


Horses



Open water!



Trucks spook me on 401. There have been some horrid incidents! They even have a reality TV show:

Heavy Rescue: 401, Their Twitter feed photos are striking.


Westport, there is a star atop the tree at the look out. This was on our way back, after lunch at Montana's in Kingston.

6 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I love ferries - just as well as we have to use one here! That drive was both beautiful, haunting and nailbiting! YAM xx

Olga said...

I all too often miss seeing the sunrise, but when I am up in time I always think how quietly lovely it is.

I like to stick to the speed limit and so often have to pull over to let others go by. My husband taught me that and he considered the speed limit an invitation to add five more miles per hour.

Karen said...

I hate that 401 too, but the 7 is getting almost as bad. I love the slow meandering feel of #2 though. Thankfully I'm never in a hurry.
We drove out to Round Lake to check out the Loggers Festival. M. and I noticed so much moving water was open and very active. The Bonnechere has pot holes.

William Kendall said...

That ice clinging to the walls always draws my eye.

DUTA said...

Great sunrise!
I've seen quite a lot of sunsets, but few sunrises. Even if I'm up early, I won't bother to catch the sight of it. Don't know why.

Nancy J said...

road rescue in B.C. I have a friend who did that near Nelson, they provide real life savers!! What a glorious day for an outing,.