Wednesday 20 December 2017

Birds at the feeder

I love their antics. These are photos I took through the window and some are better than others. 
I am finding the hairy woodpeckers are being really aggressive with the blue jays, as well as other birds. I always thought the jays were the biggest bullies.


A pair of American tree sparrows who have overwintered.


The jay peered around the feeder at the woodpecker! With my new pole system, the squirrels are deterred.


I just missed a photo with the three woodpeckers at the same time. The one on the right ducked!


I love the pattern of their feathers.


I imagined a conversation amongst these three mourning doves as they perched on the birdbath, and watched the other birds in the sunshine.
I'm not feeling particularly creative or inspired. Daisy is improving and we bring her home this afternoon. It's been a bit stressful!


Annabelle was sitting in the sunshine, bird watching on the bench. She's pretty much sticking to the deck, what with the snow.

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

I love those feeders, and the varieties of all your birds, Annabelle, wise girl.And look at that deep snow, you know how I LOVE to see snow photos.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

It's so relaxing to watch the birds at the feeders. You got some great shots!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
God bless for bringing the kitster home... LOVE those birdy shots. YAM xx

Christine said...

enjoyed your photos today!

Powell River Books said...

Woodpeckers are so interesting to watch and listen to. - Margy

Red said...

Lots of downys at your place!

troutbirder said...

Hairy woodpeckers are big enough to hold their own. Downy's not so much. Red head and Red Bellies rule the roost...:)

Anvilcloud said...

You place looks very Christmas cardish.