Tuesday 31 October 2017

Happy Hallowe'en!




Yam set me on to this online puzzle application. We don't really 'do' Hallowe'en, we haven't had a customer since 2005! I decorate for October, but I did my fair share of Hallowe'en learning activities in classrooms, with fun activities.


Lots of games, like list 10 things white like a ghost. Or, draw ten things that have 'oo' in their name, like boo. I'd put it on laminated task cards, you complete 10 and you can do an art activity.

Then we'd recite chants, in trios, write and recite them ourselves.

There'd be songs, too. I loved teaching music in my classroom.

Staff would always dress up, of course. The best costumes were the ones with wigs when the kids couldn't figure out who you were.

Then, there was the excitement of helping the kids prepare at home. The planning, preparation and design of costumes. We did Facetime with the kids last night. They showed me their costumes. That was fun.


Above, was the last time I dressed for Hallowe'en! Caitlin was pregnant with Josee, 2007. Hers was the best costume! I was there for a visit. Both my sons were there, too. It was fun.

5 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
This is a delightful Halloween posting Jenn - have added to the Skeerython Linky! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

WooHoo we got your puzzle in 7:33 minutes
Hugs madi and mom

William Kendall said...

Happy Hallowe'en!

Anvilcloud said...

It's fun to look back, especially at the kids and grands. I never managed to do Halloween at school. Can you imagine leading a secondary school geography class in singing? Me?

Debbie said...

great pictures...i love halloween!!!!