Saturday 7 October 2017

Bulb order

What was I thinking?
Well, I know what I was thinking. They provide lovely photos of these flowers, and I so love spring. Well, all the seasons. They write of 'naturalizing,' and I thought a carpet of bulbs. It goes so green and then brown, in normal years.
The pop of colour will be good. I need some physical work to do, too. Great getting dirt under those fingernails.
It's a large front lawn.
Then, I went back to Hillside Gardens and bought 30 more daffodils. It will be pretty in spring. You can see where they will be. This is a non-mental note for spring! I put the smaller ones in the garden off the front deck. I usually forget what it was I planted last. We shall see! I filled the big holes with top soil, in some cases, then covered each plot with a bit of leftover straw.



This is what I anticipate!

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Every year, I forget to do this. Or remember too late. Well, I guess I did remember the 150 tulips last year, which is quite remarkable. Anyway, I am now making a note ... which I will likely forget to read.

William Kendall said...

Hopefully they do well.

Nancy J said...

You can never have too many bulbs, and yours will be stunning in spring. Here, I have tulips, ( must post a photo), bearded iris, Dutch Iris, and every tree that lost its leaves is greening up. the flowering cherry trees are decked out in pale and deep pink blossom.Will be snow storm coming in reach you?

Christine said...

I love spring bulbs, will be so pretty in the spring! Love your art too!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Something fabulous to anticipate!!! YAM xx

Karen said...

Canadian Tire has had a wonderful selection this year. Each time I walk in the door I pick up another package and promptly get them into the dirt. At last count I was up around 100 daffodils, tulips and those other things that sort of look like daffodils.

Red said...

Good luck with this venture.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh great plan and such lovely variety and colors ~ ^_^ Great post and photos!

A ShutterBug Explores ~ aka (A Creative Harbor)

Debbie said...

we always over-do it and come spring i am always so happy we did!!

your sketches are beautiful!!!

Kay said...

I miss planting tulips here in Hawaii like we did in Illinois. We only see tulips in flower shops in Hawaii.