Monday 2 October 2017

2. Daycation Sept. 27/28th Napanee

Our goal: lunch here in Napanee, Waterfront River Pub and TerraceSpringside Park Napanee is nearby, but we were going farther. We have taken day trips just to go for lunch (116 km!) but we were on our way to the beach.
It's such a wonderful spot by the river. We arrived at 11:30, on a 30 C. day, and soon the place was hopping. We've been several times before, and had a very special moment. (The Waterfront Pub - a grand gesture from a stranger!)

I love the bridge. The bakery is closed until they find a baker, in case you are interested!


Drive-by shots as we left town to go to our hotel on the beach. Some interesting buildings, and stores!

9 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

What a fun day trip and delightful photos ~ Glad you are having fun! ~ Happy Week to you ^_^

(A ShutterBug Explores) aka A Creative Harbor

Nancy J said...

What a wonderful setting for lunch, and the pebble garden with large stone urns, a bowl overflowing with water, that is what I want down here.

William Kendall said...

I've never actually stopped there. Terrific shots!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

lovely getaway!!

Red said...

I'll have to check my map, but aren't you a long way from home?

betty-NZ said...

I love daycations and I think it's a matter of attitude. It looks like you had a fun time.

Anvilcloud said...

I spent a few nights in Napanee more than 20 years ago, taking a workshop at the high school. I haven't been back since.

Maria Glória said...

Que local aconchegante e agradável. Paisagem espetacular e estava um lindo dia. Lindo céu!
Um abraço do Brasil e ótima semana.

Crafty Green Poet said...

looks like a lovely place for lunch