Tuesday 29 August 2017

Book Review: Old Bones

Old Bones
It was a fluke. We decided to go to the North Gower Farmers Market July 22nd, since we were close by after replacing our DVD player - that's a long story. I used to live in North Gower, it's familiar territory for me. As always, I keep a few copies of my books in the car. I saw Brian Lindsay there, and asked if he'd like to trade books.

Thankfully, he did! I signed mine, and he signed his.

I love the book. It's a terrific murder-mystery.
It incorporated a lot of places here in eastern Ontario, mainly Westport. He also incorporates cooking! For foodies, it's a fun book. He's a chef, now a writer, and has reproduced his recipes online.

We've spent a lot of time shopping and visiting Westport! It is a delightful town.



You can buy the book in many places. I think I will pick up book #2! 
The author refers to these businesses in the book:
 Terra Foods , Ottawa 
Kudrinko’s Grocery, Westport
The Cottage Coffee House, Westport  
Cormier Pottery, Leta and Don Cormier, North Gower
Mrs. McGarrigal’s Fine Mustard…Fine Food, Merrickville

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I've heard of the book at some point. It's been a long time since I've been in Westport.