Monday 20 February 2017

Trip to Ottawa: Part 2!

This was part 1, in case you missed it! Since hubby drives to allow me to take photos, I like to share them with him, at least.

We frequent a bird lover's store, Gilligalou, and I had a gift certificate from hubby's aunt. I bought a new feeder, because you can't have too many of those!


From there we went to Starbucks for a coffee. Sadly, it was very, very noisy as they process the coffee beans there. Poor hubby bonked his knee on the awful tables, as did the guy sitting beside him. We were happy to drink up and go.


Ottawa has had a ton of snow. The walking is treacherous. The temperatures were above freezing, up to 8 C. yesterday, and there was some flooding of streets.


@ottawacity There's a lake on the corner of Preston and Willow St @BlacksWeather #ottweather #ottawa pic.twitter.com/7aHsygkEBx
— Suzanne Lukowski (@SuzanneLukowski) February 18, 2017

Then there is GCTC. My teacher friend and I used to hold season tickets for their shows. We'd meet in Little Italy for dinner, there are lots of restaurants from which to choose!


Walking was tricky. I had to take a photo of this pair. They were walking towards me. Avoiding the slush. The woman almost walked right into me, and I stood my ground. She expected me to move to avoid her as she avoided the slush, and walked on my side of the sidewalk. Then there was the ramp. It's tricky!!!!


From there, we went back to Holland Ave., to the restaurant where we were meeting the kid. No photos, of course. He's pretty reluctant to have his photos taken. The place was packed. We could have made a reservation. They sat me upstairs, whilst hubby fed the parking metre. I said I was waiting for hubby and son. She asked my son's name. 'Terry', I said. He arrived, and they sat him with us. The server came over and said, you didn't tell me he was THE TERRY! Apparently, he likes to eat there! Needless to say, we had a terrific visit, me, Terrence and my 2nd accountant husband! (Apparently, he goes by Terrence, these days! Who knew?)



While we sat there, finishing our meal, the song Summer Breeze came on their music system. It was funny, since when Terry's father and I were just getting acquainted, I borrowed his father's record album of Seals and Crofts. I worked in Pay and Services for Canada Post on Front St. in Toronto to pay for university. His father worked upstairs.
Back to the car, and home.

5 comments:

Christine said...

enjoyed your part 2 very much! The snow is treacherous this time of year!

Debbie said...

you are right about bird feeders, you can never have too many!! your snow is wild, wow, all of ours has melted!!!

William Kendall said...

It's been awhile since I've been up around Holland, and awhile since I've seen that building in the last shot. I used to live in the area.

Anvilcloud said...

My daughters like Starbucks. Sue and I don't. There seems to be no in between with Starbucks.

Lowcarb team member said...

I've never been in a Starbucks!

Have enjoyed reading both Part 1 and 2 ... thanks.
Looks like so much snow!

All the best Jan