Sunday 5 February 2017

It's such a nice touch of spring!

UPDATE: March 27th

The plant produced lovely seed pods. I left them, and they began to look dried out. Sure enough, they contain seeds!


She bloomed!

The amaryllis bulb has bloomed!!!! You can tell, by the table setting, that I planted it in December.
The directions say to sit it in sun until it blooms, they take it out of the direct sunlight to slow the course of the blooming cycle. Done.

In the final photo, it's falling over in the pot with four blooms, and two or three to come.


I had to tie it to the table!

14 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous amaryllis! It has been a few years since I have had one. Must get one next Christmas!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely plant!

Hilary said...

Oh it's beautiful. What a day-brightener!

Debbie said...

oh it's so pretty and these are so fun to plant!!! i am worried about my paper whites, they are growing wonderfully but we have had very little sun lately!!

Nancy J said...

Was this one of the wax covered bulbs? And did it need watering? A wonderful way to have them bloom in winter.And to document its growth. I can see a whole row of them next year.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a very nice amaryllis.

All the best Jan

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Jenn, what an utter delight to follow the progress of your gorgeous Amaryllis. It looks so beautiful :D)

Red said...

Well, you're very talented! That's a nice bloom to have at this time of year.

GreenComotion said...

Hi Jenn-
Congrats on the bloom. Your hard work has paid off!
Also very happy to see the colorful snowman in the yard.
Have a Happy Day!
Peace :)

Anvilcloud said...

My dad used to grow a single one, but I can't remember around what date. I tried once and failed miserably.

Powell River Books said...

Way back when I was dating a guy, he gave me daffodils forced to bloom early indoors. I'm afraid to try anything at the cabin since it freezes indoors when we leave for extended trips (anything longer than a day this winter especially). - Margy

Rajesh said...

Beautiful flower, very pretty.

Kay said...

That's gorgeous! I love the color. I miss growing amaryllis now that we're in Hawaii.