Thursday 12 November 2015

Rideau Ferry; Canada Geese

I could spot these geese from the Rideau Ferry bridge. It was tricky trying to find a good vantage point!
They were hiding between the island the the shoreline.

First I tried the RVCA boat launch. Lots of sculptures, closed up cottages. A pair fishing. I could hear them, not see them!



I ended up going down to where we had some wonderful patio lunches. Here is the other side of the cottage I spotted!


They are so large. Hard to believe how quickly they grow over the summer. And how far they have to go in fall.

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, great captures of the geese and pretty scenery! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

They are huge birds. I assume these ones are in transit, stopping each night, so they've summered further north.

Christine said...

They are magnificent but oh so plentiful around where I live!

Red said...

You've shown some good days of summertime! Summer seems like a long time ago.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, and the Canada geese are gorgeous; bravo for getting captures of them in flight.