Monday 6 July 2015

Book Review: The Masterpiece Within

By Scholz and Church

THE MASTERPIECE WITHIN: 5 Key Life Skills To Becoming A Living Work Of Art

It is an interesting premise, inspired by a number of other authors and writers, many authors I've cited in my book! Using your Emotional Intelligence, to live a productive life, is a good story. If you are looking for a self-help book, it truly doesn't contain anything new, but many of us need renewal. The work pages are great.

It is a matter of mindful living, and many of us do not do it. If you've watched the original Oprah shows, you've seen this type of an author, who can help coach us to make changes in our lives.

As a retiree, who volunteers, there wasn't anything I hadn't heard before, and many stories I've read previously. I could see that they would be great speakers, but as a book I think I might find it hard to incorporate these skills into my skill set. If I were motivated to change, I wouldn't need the book!

The authors use their own life stories, first person (I, Claudia), which really slowed the reading down.  I think I would have preferred it from a more distant point of view. There were frequent snippets and stories about the familiar inspirational people in distant and recent history.

Using the story behind the creation of Michelangelo's sculpting masterpiece, The David, as a metaphor THE MASTERPIECE WITHIN: 5 Key Life Skills To Becoming A Living Work Of Art teaches there is a masterpiece waiting to be discovered in all of us. The same as Michelangelo could envision his finished masterpiece beneath the flawed, discarded block of marble before he even put chisel to stone. 

  • Life Skill #1: Choosing Wisely 
  • Life Skill #2: Becoming The Hero Of Our Own Life Story 
  • Life Skill #3: Discovering And Developing Life Bliss 
  • Life Skill #4: Balancing Emotions, Spirit, Mind, And Body 
  • Life Skill #5: Making A Difference
For all of my REVIEWS...

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

First person can be a difficult read if you're not into it, but every once in awhile it works. Good review!