Sunday 24 May 2015

How many ticks have you found?

I'm up to 20 ticks from the four cats, May 24th. Daisy was the latest. She leads the numbers with 15 harvested off of her alone. She loves Oliver's Lot, a grassy spot. She'll come home with 2 or 3 crawling, which we duly remove with finely pointed tweezers.

Her poor little face, she has scars from their bites! Both she and Buster have ripped them off of their faces or Buster, it was on his ear. We have antibiotic goo I put on them. I usually take off the ones crawling with tape. This one I chucked into the goldfish pond, as we were outdoors.

7 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Scary situation, that many ticks, Jenn.
K

Unknown said...

Nasty little buggers. I haven't seen any, but I take care to cover my legs and feet when I walk in grass.

William Kendall said...

They are nasty little blighters.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! You can actually see the tick. Yikes! It did used to make me nervous when we were walking out in nature. There was always the threat of Lyme disease.

Ela said...

Oh, poor kitties! I hope that they will be healthy !
Greetings

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Yikes.... I used to fight a battle with fleas on the Js and, certainly, there times of ticks also (in OZ there are paralysis ticks, so pretty nasty); mostly, though, the Frontline did its job. Nasty stuff, but necessary. YAM xx

Red said...

I don't envy you with all the ticks. Ticks are such sneaky devils. You don't feel them ion you until they are doing their damage.