Friday 5 December 2014

Paint Party Friday - the farm

I visited my client. When his wife arrived home, chauffeured by her son, she told me, as she does every time I visit, that she used to paint canes and began selling them. She cannot anymore, due to her Alzheimer's she told me. Again. Bess her heart. I simply nodded and listened as if she'd told me this story for the very first time. She's such a dear. I had a lovely time sketching while my client slept.
Medium: coloured pencils and Isabelle's thin, erasable, felt markers!
Same drawing –photographed using ToonCamera
Inspiration scene, ToonCamera



PPF




On Monday, I was asked to replace an absent volunteer at our local Dignity House Day Hospice program. It is a day away program for those living with life limiting illnesses. There, we made some Christmas swatches while the Complimentary Therapist gave clients a massage.




10 comments:

Christine said...

Your art is really improving Jenn, nice work. Great crafting too

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely creations and great use of the your 'caregiving time' which so creative also!

artmusedog and carol
Happy Weekend to you

Netty said...

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt post this week. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

A Colorful World said...

How lovely, you spending time with the Alzheimers patient. Your drawing is very nice. Enjoyed this post so much!

EG CameraGirl said...

You are part of a wonderful service in your community. How clever of you to use your time so wisely!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I LOVE your creativity Jenn - on all counts! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

You really do so well with your drawing!

eileeninmd said...

What a great post, so nice of you to volunteer. Love the drawings.. Have a happy weekend!

Nancy J said...

I'm sure you also benefit from your visits, and the family should surely appreciate your time there. Have a great weekend, Jean.p.s. almost a heat-wave. 25C this afternoon!!!

Giggles said...

Wonderful sketch and I love the toon camera result! Very festive crafts and lovely gesture of Christmas spirit to volunteer!

Hugs Giggles