Sunday 23 November 2014

Frog pond is frozen - Daisy ventures out

Trees are heavily laden.
After some cold days and nights, Lake Effect Snow (only about 20cm/4"), I brushed off the trees since we are expecting some above zero double-digit temperatures this week. The wet snow is very heavy.

Daisy and I wandered down to check on the rats.

No signs of Milly, Molly and Mick Rat . The ice had a couple of holes in it. Red tells me they keep air holes in it. I'll be happy to keep checking. It's good motivation to talk a nice walk down across the meadow, over to the pond. This section, where I videotaped Mick feeding, is very liquidy.

The meadow looks beautiful
-all the grass is covered.
It is a place of sanctuary.
Here is another deer bed
Here is where one Bambi had a nap!
Wednesday's fresh snow

Daisy ventures out (Of course, she does!)

She looks around as if surprised at the ice!




10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Pretty snowy scenes.. I am surprised your kitty is out in the snow? Happy Sunday!

Nancy J said...

That's looking so beautiful, guess it will be slush if it rains. And deer so close, what a wonderful place to live. Take care, keep warm, and no shovelling!! Hugs,Jean.

Red said...

Your snow looks like just the right amount.

Judy said...

You are braver than I am, going for a walk in the snow!! But Annie is getting old, and refusing to go out in the cold... There will be more snow later...

William Kendall said...

Daisy's quite curious about the change!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It all looks so pristine... if the M-rats have any sense they will stay tucked up nice and snug down there!!! YAM xx

Powell River Books said...

Winter is here, at least where you are. We are cheating in Los Angeles this week. - Margy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It's very beautiful but I can't really imagine living where I had even this much snow on a daily basis.

While there are things I regret missing in my (longish) life, living in snow country isn't one of them. I hate being cold.

But one of the things I love about blogging is vicariously experiencing a 'life not lived.' So keep the winter posts coming; I love reading them.

Christine said...

hope there's no flooding!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Beautiful shots. I think winter has been postponed over here!