Monday 27 October 2014

I must celebrate my caregiver!

Yep, I'm home sick. I have received much support from my friends. I appreciate your words of concern. Many thanks.
I began saying, 'It's just a cold.' But it is such a trial. It went bad pretty quickly.
Buster kept me warm.
He sure seems to know I'm sick!

Pneumonia. I haven't had it this badly in a long time. I usually get it -right into my lungs. That awful seal bark, whooping cough that drives your spouse nuts!

I'm not complaining, just weary. I shouldn't be! Once you hit 40 it's all downhill! However, once I left my classrooms behind, and all the germs and germ factories kiddies, I thought it'd be easier. Methinks it's been the stress around this year with all the health issues in our families.
I have many friends, and clients with terrible life limiting illnesses. I was so sad I had to cancel my hospice client visit. Good thing to keep my germs at home!

Here is the dude with cancer, my JB,  giving me much TLC, while he toodles into town and fetches me stuff. The other day, it was a wonderful Sub sandwich, then, a chicken Caesar wrap. I ate the former on the front deck in the sunshine. My friend, Nat (a PSW), wrote, 'Get out, get some fresh air." I took her advice.
It was so delightful! I watched the birds, wrapped in a blanket. That was yesterday's post of photos. It's a wonderful world.

A lot of my very ill clients watch TV all day. I've learned to embrace this when just walking causes you to cough. Hubby has rented me some DVDs. It's tricky him getting them. The young man at the store was most supportive, also giving him some healthcare suggestions: vaporizer, inhaling something or other!

The movies have had various successes. The day our sweet soldier was mourned:
Railway Man - gruesome scenes of WW II torture of soldiers. It was a great movie, just a bad one for that day.
The Magic of Belle Isle - fabulous. Monty Wildhorn, an alcoholic novelist of Westerns, has lost his drive. His nephew pushes him to summer in quiet Belle Isle. He begrudgingly befriends a newly single mom and her 3 girls who help him find the inspiration to write again.
Thanks For Sharing - about sex addicts. Alecia Moore (Pink) is in it!
At Middleton – Delightful! "Two parents fall in love over the course of a single day while playing hooky from their children's college tour."
The Color Purple  - 'nuff said.
Women in Love - Excellent! Lots of nudity, of either sex (only fair). Adaptation of D.H. Lawrence classic novels The Rainbow and Women in Love focusing on the lives of two sisters, Ursula and Gudrun and their developing relationships with two friends Rupert Birkin and Gerald Crich in the aftermath of the WW1.

You can compare hubby's health cures with mine! They are quite distinct, but our symptoms and causes are quite different. The puffer with Ventolin is amazing. A nurse told me I have viral-induced asthma, as every time I get a cold I get asthma.


Chocolate is never bad for you!
This soothes the throat.
It's very nice.
Even Daisy cleaned up my glass!
This is hubby's.
Helps the immune system.
This was recommended by
the Naturopath.
He's got a ton of pills.
I have antibiotics.
Bless those scientists who discovered them!
These were good, too!
Here we are watching my chick flicks!
OK, cat does look a little bored!
There is nothing like cat photos (or kittens or puppies) to make you feel a little bit better. Buster was a hot water bottle. He slept at my feet for hours. Daisy would come by, but the minute I coughed, she was too upset to stay! Buster is my boy!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

A supportive hubby, a warm kitty, chocolate, TV and Amaretto. You'll be well in no time! Well I hope you will. Keep on feeling better, Jenn!

Nancy J said...

Always, for me, a cat at my feet is the best remedy, after the pills, cough mixture, thankful antibiotics. Rest well, your man will be able to manage for s few days, and sometimes the carer needs more rest than the cared-for. Lately I have been sleeping a lot later than Hugh, and finally get up to find the fire roaring, and coffee in the pot has gone cold, showing how much we need sleep, rest, and a little pampering at times. Hugs, Jean.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Good for Buster. Afraid I'd be more like Daisy -- I am a very bad Nurse. Your cures look good, especially that throat soother. When I got a cold, Bill used to make a spiked concoction with hot applejuice and something he had in the liquor cabinet. It worked pretty darn well. (Haven't had a cold for a long time -- knock wood -- and doubt we have anymore of whatever it was in our cupboard these days. Getting old as you say .... can't drink or eat all the stuff we used to.)

William Kendall said...

That's a very good Buster!

Cloudia said...

Feel better soon, dear pal





ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>


Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Have been travelling again and visits to blogs are sporadic, so been catching up... nasty dose, but seems the antidotes are doing the business! The best medicine of course is the love and attention and nothing wrong with that... Here's to speedy improvements, YAM xx