Saturday 13 September 2014

Miscellaneous photos from my walkabout: flora and fauna

Firstly, tree frog has moved to the railing. (Remember the one that was on the garage wall!)

I installed this railing from various old cedar rails, just to frame the front deck. Can you see froggie in the first photo?



Then we have last flowers, the bees are frantic these days!
A new frog is in the pond, hope it lasts as it is small enough for the bullfrogs to eat. Geraldine and Jerry have gone underwater, as the pond has been cool.
The Phoebe is still able to catch bugs, so they haven't flown south yet.

"Like a bird, on a wire!"

Could have been a great shot!
I had used Manual Focus for something, and forgot to change it back. This brief moment, with the two girls side-by-each, was fleeting and not in focus. I tried to adjust it but the girls moved. You get the drift!

These are the colours of fall!


The hibiscus are still blooming. I bought 14 from our local store, on sale, and at a discount. I found homes for 11, and Caitlin will get the last three!


My goldfish plant has been growing well in the sunshine in the window. I snagged a sprig from a local coffee bean store, rooted it and planted it. Soon it will be time to bring the actual goldfish in for the winter. This morning it was 6 C., and while they manage outdoors in the winter, I like to bring the big ones in.


Meme day: Link #41

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice little frogs. we had a cool front move in here last night. the critters are suddenly thinking of fall.

carol l mckenna said...

Lots of wonderful critter shots ~ love the frog! ~ Happy Weekend to you!

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

William Kendall said...

I had to use the second shot as a reference, but I think I can make out the little critter's location.

eileeninmd said...

I like your cute frog and your girls.. The Phoebe is a great yardbird. Thank you for linking up to my critter party. Enjoy your week!

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous flowers, and I love the frog shots! Boy, you'd never realize how tiny that tree frog was if all you saw was the second picture! :-) Oh, and the phoebe is lovely!

Unknown said...

Cute frogs! I think I figured out where the frog is in the first shot.

sunshine said...

Great capture.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It is still looking beautiful around your house .... I hope Fall lasts a while longer. Sweet little frog ... maybe since the big guys are underwater already it will be OK>

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm sure the bullfrogs are fine, Sallie. They sleep in the bottom of the pond in the winter!

Kay said...

It's amazing that you were able to see that frog.