Friday 13 June 2014

Paint Party Friday - something a little different!

I am a wannabe painter. I dabble. That said, we bought hubby two pieces of art, created entirely on a computer, for his birthday last year. Here he is with the artist. He loves trains!

I've been trying to do one drawing a week, at least, whilst visiting my client. Usually, pastels and/or colouring pencils.
Yesterday, he was sleepy, so I went into the other room to let him rest. I ended up having a nap, too! What to post for PPF?
PPF Wk 14; Yr 4

I discovered this App (Brushstroke), now that we've bought our SIL's old iPad. It's fun trying to be creative. I'm not totally happy with my efforts, I will play at this. (Mind you the iPad is supposed to be hubby' computer!)
It is still creativity! They are not expensive, most apps run around $3 or so. It's a wonderful way to support programmers. Well worth the cost. There are some freebies out there, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Brushstroke App


From a photo!
My original photo
At the very least, I think this might help me figure out how to create brush strokes. Hard to say! You can compare the two rhododendren images to see how much you can play with the effects.


This is from Stanley Park.
I quite like the efftect!

iPad photo of Jofee using Toon Camera

Toon Camera

 We also have a couple of simple drawing programs for the grandkids (Doodle Fun, Doodle Buddy), which we used during our week-long trip to Vancouver. It is not for every day, but for those moments, when you need a quiet project!

This one is from an iPad photo, using Tunes, which the app converts. The photos from the iPad app aren't great, I am used to my good camera, but they can easily be converted to a cartoon! Jofee loves this app!

doodley doo!

Doodle Buddy

I think this was a group effort, but I cannot remember!

13 comments:

Leovi said...

Wonderful colors, exquisite flowers! Nice pictures! Magnificent light off!

Marji said...

It is so amazing what all can be done with apps on the iPad and drawing and photos. What fun!

Christine said...

lovely work with those amazing apps Jenn!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun way to be creative! valerie

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the Stanley Park picture (of course). And you did that with your new app? Oh, I'm jealous. No. If I had an app like that, I'd spend all my waking hours playing with it, and I already don't get much done.
But it looks great.
And please tell your dear hubby that I love trains and train stations, too. A few years ago, I went from Edmonton to Halifax by train, also to the Gaspé, which is SO beautiful. I stayed a few days with a friend in Toronto, but otherwise was on my own. I love sleeping on trains, but NOT the one from Montreal to Moncton, because passengers sleep crosswise. I want my head going in the same direction as the train, so I like a lower berth in a sleeping car. I've never had a problem with "the stranger upstairs"!
Hugs to both of you,
K

Nancy J said...

lovely changes with the app, the Stanley Park Homestead, old worldly and really beautiful, like the Rhodos. Cheers,Jean.

William Kendall said...

Nice experimentation with that app! I should try it at some point.

DVArtist said...

I can hardly believe the great art that is coming from Ipads. Well done
Nicole/Beadwright

Olga said...

Ooo, I like those watercolor effects a lot.

Abela said...

Yes, it seems funny effects on flowers and landscape watercolor paintings appear. Saludos

Giggles said...

Beautiful flowers and yes that is Stanley park as I remember it as a child! Wonderful digitals!

Hugs Giggles

Powell River Books said...

There are so many things you can do with digital cameras and computers these days. I don't even know half of what Photoshop can do. - Margy

Neesie said...

It's fun to experiment and play ;D
The effects are great.
Enjoy your week!