Thursday 5 June 2014

It is a wonderful time of year: canoeing, bird watching!

She's good to go!
I put her indoors,
we took the canoe to its spot!
She is such a good assistant!

Daisy canoes from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
I was set to take my canoe over to it's dock. Daisy had to check it out.

Aren't they beautiful?
After I launched, I went for a short canoe, on a windy day. The loons laughed as I frantically paddled.


Back at home, I've been following these robins, who heckle me from the dying Elm tree. There is a nest, well-hidden in this patch of forest, nicely populated by a kazillion mosquitoes. I gave up looking for it!
They have a nest, but I cannot find it!
Food for thought!
A wee painted turtle
Once newspapers go the way of Do-do bird,
there will be many unhappy cats.

10 comments:

Judy said...

Well, the cats will simply have to find something else to lie on... Don't worry - they will find something...

Red said...

Enjoy that canoe while you can. It takes you to interesting places.

Nancy J said...

Daisy is a trick, in the canoe,has she ever been in it on the water? Lovely birds, guess their nest is so well in the back of the trees. Cheers,Jean.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love Daisy. And the turtle is very cute, too.
Good for you, being able to go canoeing. I wouldn't be able to get into a canoe, or paddle it, or get out of it, but otherwise it sounds like a great idea.
Luv, K

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a great day.. Canoeing and birding both would be fun for me.

William Kendall said...

Daisy, you are far too cute, you do know that?

Jenn Jilks said...

Hubby cannot get in the canoe either, Kay. It is sad, but we have to adapt to changes. There will come a day when I cannot!
Yes, Daisy is a hoot!

Jenn Jilks said...

And, no, Daisy hasn't been on the water, Jean, although she loves the frog pond. We aren't on a lake at all!

Anonymous said...

Such lovely shots!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful summery pictures. Yeah, newspapers are def. on their way out but I hadn't thought about what that will do to kittys. (And what about bird-cages?). Sigh. Might as well laugh.