Thursday 13 February 2014

What does the Lynx say?

Forgive me for posting other's videos, but it's a great way to share them with hubby, who reads my blog every day!

Also, I managed to stack some wood yesterday, but I haven't been out and about too much.  Today is laundry day.
The arthritis kicked in in my shoulders last night, and I've had a bit of stress with caregiving for hubby.
I make myself a To Do List, and simply choose to do what I think I can face, or what I can manage.

Caregiver stress is a terrible thing. I wrote much about it in my book, where I wrote about my caregiver journey.

Stress, as we know, creates that fight or flight response. Cortisol and nor-epinephrine are added to the body- stress causing hormones. When this happens, you no longer are able to create those stress-relieving hormones (seratonins, dopamine). You're too busy creating adrenalin, to fight your battles. I find myself having to consciously let my shoulders relax, and to just breathe deeply.
Watching the Olympics has been relaxing. For a time, there is a good excuse to simply sit still!

6 comments:

Olga said...

I am sure that you know how important it is for caregivers to take good care of themselves!! Breathe.

eileeninmd said...

Cool critter and video! Thanks for sharing, Have a great day!

Kay L. Davies said...

You're so right, Jenn, and I have to remind my niece to take care of herself because her husband has nurses and doctors, but she has to be there for her confused 6-year-old.
So I'm glad the Olympics (which are beyond stressful for the athletes) give you a chance to unwind.
Luv, K

Christine said...

stay strong Jenn!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Glad you are remembering to take care of yourself too. Best wishes to both of you.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
My own stress is of a completely different nature than yours just now; but am also finding distraction in the Os. Not sure I'd call it relaxation as my shoulders join in on that throw of the curling stone or the lift on the skate...

I join in the chorus - stay strong!! (And speedy recuperation to hubby) &*> YAM xx