Friday 17 January 2014

Paint Party Friday!

Flowers and a butterfly
I have more pictures for my grandkid's refrigerator! They assure me they don't need to be painted.

We were having lunch in Ottawa, a 90-minute drive to the city, while waiting for hubby's pre-op workshop. I was a bit stressed out. This was relaxing.
This needs work.

Silly sketching a white cat!

I went to the scanner, and scanned some drawings Josephine has done over the years. It's a lovely sketch book, with a spot for writing a story. I would recommend that all grammas get one, or make one! We date it, and it isn't in order, but it is much fun. The Aug. 5, 2011 drawings are from our trip to Bondi Village.
Linking to Paint Party Friday.

14 comments:

Faye said...

Love your waiting room sketches. Lovely flowers. And what a great idea for grandmas and a wonderful way to encourage art in young people.

Powell River Books said...

When I was a teacher, often I would frame some of the pictures the kids would give me as presents. They made a unique art display at home. - Margy

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the first one, Jenn. There's just something about it...
Luv, K

Red said...

It' funny how we look at some of these drawings and think how limited they are. If we go back and take a second look they tell much more. Every once in a while we fine our son or daughter's drawings. They make more sense 40 years later.

Giggles said...

Love these grandchildren...they know how to appreciate the good things in life!! All the best to hubby!

Hugs Giggles

Maria Medeiros said...

so very special! Truly!

eileeninmd said...

The drawings are so cute, they remind me of my son's drawing from year ago.. I hope all goes well for your hubby! Have a happy weekend!

Olga said...

That is a fine twist...sending pictures to the grand children for their fridge. I love it!

Linda Kunsman said...

sweet sketches-and how nice to have the grandkids involved. All the best to your hubby. Happy PPF!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I'm with Kay - the first one shows much promise... you could be onto something here!! YAM xx

Studio Kaufmann said...

Your waiting room sketches are really lovely. It probably helps you to stop worrying about your doctor visit. I think I will take a drawing pad with me next time I am visiting the doctor. Happy PPF

Christine said...

wonderful contribution this week Jenn!

DVArtist said...

Best thing about sketching is that you can do it just about anywhere. Love all of these.
Nicole/Beadwright

carol l mckenna said...

Fun and playful sketches ~ love them all ~ carol, xxx

Thanks for visiting and commenting ^_^