Wednesday 17 April 2013

Drawing #3 - tulip

I would say many thanks to the people who have inspired me to draw.
The first was Kay Devlin (1916 - 2012) who learned to paint at age 70.

I did this drawing whilst sitting with my client, again.
I had helped her daughter assist her on the commode, and then lifted her up and carried her to her bed. It really helps to do some art therapy. I don't know how this daughter does this: changing her Mom's brief, wiping her clean, then going off to her evening shift in a factory. Caregivers will get their reward in heaven.

5 comments:

Red said...

Many people don't know half the story. My Dad always mumbled that some things were degrading.

Kay said...

I love your cheerful, colorful drawing, Jenn.

Kay L. Davies said...

And one of those to be so rewarded is you, Jenn Jilks, and don't you forget it. The daughter can go off to work because she knows people like you exist in her mother's world.
K

Christine said...

very nice, soon you will have a portfolio!

Judy said...

That snail looks so happy!!!
Have you heard of Mrs. Delaney, who started making paper collages of flowers when she was 72? he stuff is in the British Museum now...