Thursday 15 December 2011

Restraints are in order

Felix on house arrest
No, not financial restraints, but physical, for rebel cats. Well, one cat in particular.

We've invested in collars for both kittens.

I found long leashes, and we have to restrain them before leaving the house for the newspaper or mail, across the highway where they like to hunt mice friends.

Felix has led Buster astray, right across the highway.


Felix can only go out on supervised walkies. All three like to walk with us!
Felix across the highway.

A walk through the forest

Strange seeing moss in December

Felix cannot read the sign


I wish Buster could give Felix a stern talking to...
Three cats on a forest/meadow walk!

Buster is happy chasing rainbows, birds

8 comments:

Olga said...

Two sets of my in-laws have stay in the house cats. It amazes me how they don't even try to sneak out any time a door is opened. Our cat was good about staying in our yard, but a fisher did not respect our boundaries. It's so hard to lose a pet.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, Jenn, the thought of Felix leading Buster across the highway gives me the collywobbles.
Supervised walks are indeed the answer. I once had a wonderful cat named Herman who would follow when I walked my dog, but then he wouldn't want to come home with us, so I'd have to carry all 15 lbs. of him. He was a big boy, big-boned and solid, not fat.
K

George said...

I'm not sure I've ever seen a cat on a leash. I've always heard that cats are too independent for something like that. Be that as it may, I hope you can keep Felix from leading Buster astray.

Cloudia said...

Enjoy your sweet cats & chocolate you two!



http://earthjustice.org/news/press/2011/hawai-i-utility-commission-opens-door-to-more-renewable-energy-on-grid

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: What nice captures of your hunting black panthers into the Canadian woods.

Kay said...

You know... I've never seen cats on leashes. Everybody seems to just let them loose around here. I see one neighbor who leaves bottles of water on his lawn to prevent cats from leaving presents there. I'm not so sure it works.

Jenn Jilks said...

We thought, with 16 acres and no neighbours, we'd be safe. Not so. The leashes are a good safety plan. If I have to go out to bring wood in, or get the newspaper, I hook them up indoors. Otherwise we walk them off-leash, like dogs. It has worked. Buster and Sadie have outdoor privileges, Felix not. It's like having babies again....sigh.

Jenn Jilks said...

UPDATE: found Buster on the other side of the highway. Both are becoming horrible at walking with us in the forest. It's getting pretty frustrating. Hard to walk uncooperative cats.