Wednesday 7 December 2011

I took myself out to lunch the other day!

The joys of eating out. I went out to Red Lobster in Nepean last month. It's an hour and a half drive into the city, and I was early for an appointment.
As a mother of three, I've put in my time reassuring colicky babies in the wee hours, listening to that wailing that cannot be assuaged. I did an audio tape, with photos of some of my favourite meals. As a football widow, it keeps me off the streets.

 As a grandmother, I've done some babysitting!
When I go out to lunch, I like my peace and quiet. The Red Lobster was anything but quiet. In a large restaurant, they sat the family nearby. It looked like a new mother, her baby, her sister, and her mother. I made this mistake 32 years ago, and took my colicky infant into the ladies washroom. We realized that a newborn has no place in a restaurant. No, I don't find your infant as adorable as you do! And there is a reason they yell so loud.

No comments: