Wednesday 21 December 2011

BBDNE: Where there is smoke


It took me forever to figure it out!
BBDNE

Perth Courier Nov. 10/2011
60 firefighters from 5 departments
Our firefighters are part of: Bathurst Burgess Drummond/North Elmsley Fire Rescue!


These are all signs of approaching winter. People burning leaves.

We were driving to Carleton Place to check out the new Habitat build. On the way we took a detour. I saw smoke. Now, lest you think me paranoid, we had a grass fire in Lanark County in the fall. A kid on an ATV, which caught fire, set the grass and hay alight.

 There was fire today. Human-made fire. On land being sold by a company that does cartage.

What else are signs of winter? Garbage.






 I spent an hour picking up garbage. It's good work. Out in the fresh air.

Such a mess. I'd rather pick it up before it's covered by dirty slush.

There were some unmentionables, which I left on the ground. Lots of cans and coffee containers from various places.


More signs of winter. The rivers are freezing over.

Santa is dancing with a dog in a parking lot.

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Yep, it won't be long before winter officially begins here!

George said...

We're not allowed to burn leaves around here, so that's one sign of approaching winter that we miss. I do give the county credit for doing a good job of enforcing the ban, however. Unfortunately we do have the litter along the roads, and what is worse, the hiking trails. Fortunately we haven't had to worry about rivers and lakes starting to freeze, but I'm sure the smaller lakes will start any day now.

eileeninmd said...

It is very n ice of you to pick up the garbage. My hubby and I do the same and sometimes carry bags on our hike for the trash. Cute shot of Santa and the bog dog. The river shot is beautiful. Wonderful photo, except for the fire of course. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

Cloudia said...

Have a jolly season, Jenn


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Christine said...

We sure don't have much snow yet!