Saturday 26 November 2011

Kittens raid the cupboard

I featured photos about how it is to feed these kittens, they bounce up and down off of the counter, despite stern warnings, while I'm putting out the cat food. You'd think they'd never been fed. They have the SPCA on speed dial. Starving poor critters they are.

We keep the cat treats in the cupboard, since Felix has been crossing the highway, for no apparent reason, maybe the field mice are greener, I don't know. We shake the little bag of treats and it sometimes calls them in.

I heard a strange noise coming from the pantry, where the cat food and treats are safely stored. Yes, again, I forgot to close the door.
curtain climbers, counter climbers

Felix liberated the treat bag, dragged it to the floor and killed it!






Even while putting said treats into the mason jar he jumped up.

I am trying to be smarter than my twin kittens (9 mos. old).
Cat treats are now in the mason jar

What's with this? 

Starving Buster goes for the crunchies!

11 comments:

Donna said...

We know who's in charge here! Good luck! Very fun photos.

Snap said...

LOL! They do rule the house ... at any age! Mine find all sorts of things to entertain themselves. Happy Critter Day!

Anonymous said...

They know what they want! We can't keep our cats off the counter either.

DeniseinVA said...

So cute, they know where to head for don't they and don't miss an opportunity? My little dog used to get into all kinds of mischief that we couldn't help but smile at.

eileeninmd said...

They are smart kitties, especially when it comes to the treats. Great photos.

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks, all. They sure are determined. The bags are made of sort of a foil, to keep them fresh. Must be like chewing aluminum foil.

Kay said...

I agree that they are very smart kitties. It's going to take a lot of effort to keep ahead of them. Cuuute!

Powell River Books said...

We had a cat that would open his own dry food bags if we left them out. Stick Tail is so spoiled he waits to be fed. He heads for the "food bar" in the dining room and lies there until something arrives. That is unless there is butter on the table before dinner. That is too hard to resist. - Margy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Mighty hunter Felix -- you aren't going to starve that guy (or the little ones either)...very cute post.

Judy said...

I thought it was only my guys who did things like that! A couple of times now, I have left the wet dog food on the counter after feeding them, and Jake has moved the container to the floor, so he could share with his sister.
And back in the days when I carried dog treats in my pocket, I had a cat chew the pocket out of a pair of shorts, to get the treats.
I like the image of the greener mice on the other side of the road!!!

Shengkay said...

black cat..love the eyes..
Visiting from Camera Critters, entry #61. my first Camera Critters Entry
You might want to join Orange Tuesdays open from Tuesday to Saturday.. :)
Have a nice day!