Saturday 12 November 2011

Cat and mouse tale

Felix thought he'd like to play!

Cat and mouse from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Buster caught a mouse. Felix wanted it. Buster growls loudly! I thought the noise was a truck going by, at one point. My twins are 8 months old.

Sadie looks around, frustrated!

It's a standoff!
Buster takes off
Our backyard is riddled with field mouse tunnels. Little mounds you sink into as you walk across the yard.
Incredible teeth
Poor wee souls





Camera Critters
Camera Critters meme, #188!

6 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

great post!

marvellous photos! beautiful views!

such incredible teeth indeed, and cute little guys.

thanks for sharing your photos.

happy weekend!
betty

Andrea said...

A lovely post, amazing how you were able to catch one like that! And that close up of its mouth is lovely, maybe you had a difficult time capturing it. Sometimes when they are threatened they would bite.

Kay L. Davies said...

"Poor wee souls" just about broke me, Jenn. Made it hard to watch the videos.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Kay said...

It doesn't quite look like the mice I've seen. This is a lot cuter. Those teeth are incredible though. I could use a cat around here. I've seen mice scurrying about.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh -- not sure about the teeth picture, but the one in the hand makes this poor creature look adorable. One time we were in new England in the Fall and were invaded by field mice (well, we trapped two in the RV -- that's an invasion as far as I'm concerned). We read in the paper there that even the best housekeepers were getting them as they tried to find a warm place for the winter. so i felt better. But still, a little RV is not big enough to share.

Cheryl said...

Silly critters built a nest in my in-cabin air filter. Had babies. Cost me an arm & a leg to replace the filter I'd just replaced. I love 'em but not in my car. Nicely done.