Sunday 2 October 2011

Fun guys all around us

With the damp, finally, after a dry, hot August, we are into colder weather, and much rain.
The frog ponds and wetland will fill up and will allow my frog friends to hibernate in the bottom of the pond.
The fun guys all around us can be identified. There are many sites that offer an easy key. Then there is a visual key to search by genus and group. Another source: major mushroom groups.
There have been some intriguing fungi and lichen about in Ontario. Amazing what will grow in apparently unlikely places and in all temperatures!

5 comments:

Powell River Books said...

That's a lot of variety. Any good to eat? - Margy

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm not risking it, Margy! I'm not that great a cook, either!

cheryl said...

I luvvvvvvvvvv funky fungi. I like to shoot with a macro and their tiny world always amazes me. Great photos Jenn.

Cloudia said...

I'm liken` that lichen!


Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral



(*)>
/ )
/"



> < } } ( ° >

EG CameraGirl said...

You sure have found a lot of fungi to photograph!