Monday 21 March 2011

Moon madness: March 19, 2011


No, really. Madness. Oliver-the-brave, who terrorizes wild turkey and deer, cringed on the front porch beside me. Something out there was scaring him in the dark.


The moon was coming up through the trees. The setting was perfect.

The neighbour's dogs were howling at the wolves.

How creepy is this?

Soon, the moon was a little above the tree line.

I was frackin' freezing. My baby fingers were starting to freeze, and no, I didn't remember gloves.
I had the tripod, the flashlight (to better see the camera settings), and the videocam.
Which was useless. I was so cold I was shaking!

I thought I'd get the sound of the wolves. The traffic was pretty heavy, fast and loud. No video success at all.

Instead, photos caught, we came indoors, checked out a pretty cold, tired little cat, who had been out in the sun all afternoon huntin', and watched a Midsomer Murder mystery!
Why is the cat so tired, we might ask.
The little cat caught the dang chipmunk, but evidently he now ascribes to the catch and release program. He caught it, let it run away and caught it again.

I threw on coat and boots, and ran like a madwoman, while Oliver stared at me.


Said chippie is safe dreaming dreams of nuts and berries. At least tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous shots! I went out to admire the super moon but didn't manage to take any good shots.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great pics of the SuperMoon. Very clear and beautiful.

Rusty said...

The Redwing blackbirds returned a couple of days ago, but no Robins yet. The bare earth is just strating to show in places - but the forecast is predicting 15cm of snow over the next day or so. Grrrrr. ATB!

eileeninmd said...

Great captures of the supermoon! It was a pretty sight to see.

Roan said...

Wonderful Moon shots! We had haze around the moon this morning. I ran back inside to get my camera only to discover I had left it on and the battery was dead. The story of my life!

Rosie@travel-i-tales said...

This is really a good post...gives me an insight as to what your life is like there in your country cottage.Oliver sounds like my Potsie!Except Potsie is a dog and plays with squirrels.
Rosie