Tuesday 9 November 2010

Flying turkeys

Oliver has made a giant leap for feline kind. Fearless, he goes after anything. Yesterday he made turkeys fly. We'd spotted one deer alone at the feeder, and we don't know what happened.
Tonight, we heard a yowl, and suddenly he was in the cat door, in the safe garage.
Then, he managed to liberate a fishy meat tray from the 3' garbage can with the swinging lid, and didn't dump it. Tricky little bat outta hell!



Get outta the garden!
I also have a pet peeve. I am toying with labelling the feeders, as the critters don't seem to want to eat the food for which we paid big bucks to please them.
The video shows why I found turkey poop in the deer feeder. Sheesh. Wasn't sure what it was.

I thought critters were pretty fastidious. Not birds.

Face only a mother could love
The previous owners fed the deer and birds for five years. It's a tradition!

I'm happy to carry on. It's only my pension! :-)

I decided to try to label the feeders. That might help them keep it all straight.

How does this look? I'd have to teach them to read, but I can teach anyone anything! :-)

3 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

The wildlife feel pretty comfortable there!

joared said...

Enjoyed your turkey video. Fearless cat! Wonder how long it will take you to teach the critters to read and will the varied species learn at different rates??? H-m-m-m The makings of a scientific study methinks.

Linda said...

What a great video of the turkeys and deer. We have a large flock of wild turkeys near us and one person feeds them every year. Many vehicles stop to watch and take photos (including me)