Wednesday 13 October 2010

Please fence me in!

I am preparing a post on the history of fencing in this area. I noticed a couple of distinct styles.
The style, left, is simple, straight and efficient. With a pond, the farm looks delightful.

People know. from our 2nd day here that the cars zip by. Some end up in the ditch. Some pass unsafely. Some have been drinking.

I began walking around our property.

 Over the years, with 4 owners, as far as I can tell, different styles were created. The one below has stones to anchor the fence. It is heavy, and does not go below the ground!

The picket fence at the bottom doesn't keep the deer out of the veggie garden. I have to work on that one! They step over the fence and nibble the bean greens.



Purely decorative!

To the left of the fence is a valley

This: a mishmash.

This pumpkin tried to get away.
I want to put some fence to punctuate the front of our property. I salvaged some from the lot. The rocks are merciless. They are everywhere.



Pretty wide open space

I'll let you know what we do! 

3 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

What fun to discover the oddities of your new property! :)

Judy said...

Jenn, you do so much research about the area where you live! I have been in Kanata for more than 20 years, and know so little, compared to you!

Jenn Jilks said...

It is true, EG. I'm glad you agree.
I cannot help but wonder about the world around me, Judy! I love my laptop. My volunteer activities haven't begun yet and one can only hang so many paintings and empty so many boxes.