Friday 22 October 2010

A day in the country

Oliver gave up his room for Jesse!

First: a snack of yogurt with Gampa

Next, we feed the deer

Isabelle models her new highchair

Fun with Uncle Jess

fun:  sisters in Gampa's chair
 A fun day had by all.

During 'quiet time', she's got too much to do to 'nap', and we couldn't find the flower book.

I rushed in to wake her up. She saw Bambi, in the flesh, eating the deer food (special MNR recipe) she'd put out that morning. She was so happy.
The deer appeared as I was running the lawn tractor and trailer, moving the dead elm tree my famous fence man, Scott Dobson, had chopped down. Jess was going to chop the wood up for me and I was moving it to the back.

Listen to this: Scott with chainsaw running, 3 of them working away, me on the tractor, and I pulled up to the shed when I looked up and spotted two deer.

I DID hear shots off in the forest, so perhaps they see our 6 acres as sanctuary.
I set Jess to work!

Jofee has to go to the meadow. Hurry!
 We sure do! As Isabelle napped, we hugged some trees, played in the forest, lay down in the leaves, played Queen of the castle on a protruding rock, talked about the moss on the dead branches, and then played 'chase me.'

Such a blessing to be close to family.

Glad we traded a property by the lake for a property in a forest.
First, a sit in 'The Hand of God'

My tree huggers.

Queen of the castle.

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

looks like you are settling in well!



Aloha from Hawaii

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hooray!! You definitely made the right move. Life is good! Everybody looks so happy.