Saturday 13 March 2010

Everyone is out walking their...

dogs


and...


horses.

I missed getting a photo of the 3 ducks that flew over, but I know they are all slowly going to return! My blog buddies to the south tell me so.


I walked a spider...
Everything is waking up. As I walked under the  cottage roof this lovely emerald green spider dropped down beside me. I popped it onto a piece of paper to take the shot. (The deck is green and it would be nicely camouflaged!) It was an old worksheet from my teaching days, 'Nature Treasure Hunt', I had dug up from the cottage.

Camera CrittersEverything, like the phoenix, rises from the winter, to burst forth in deep and rich shades. I truly enjoy the changing seasons.

10 comments:

Powell River Books said...

Looks like a great place to ride for a bite to eat. When I was a teen I had a horse and we would all get together to ride to a local miniature golf course. We'd tie up at railings next to the trail and head on in for some of the best burgers and fries. The ride took about an hour so we were hungry when we got there, if teens aren't hungry all the time. - Margy

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: What a neat group of critters you found. Love the little spider.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow beautiful captures!

Please come and find out if Champ & Chelsea get along. Happy weekend!

Sylvia K said...

Great critter shadows indeed! I love them! The spider is terrific! Funny where you find them once you start looking isn't it? Hope you're having a great weekend, Jenn! Thanks as always for the visit!

Sylvia

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

A great group of critters! Thanks for visiting..

Indrani said...

Great captures!

Oskar said...

That spider is pretty, but I'm glad he's at your house & not at mine!

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

We walked the dogs this weekend on ice free streets and sidewalks for the 1st time since last Nov! Been a long winter.

EG CameraGirl said...

I saw a spider a couple of days ago walking across the last of the snow. I never knew they were out this early!

amanda said...

That guys is still riding his horse around Gravenhurst? I remember seeing him when I worked at the liquor store and that was 11 - 12 years ago.