Sunday 24 January 2010

Icicles

The water melts off of the icicles. I did my best to capture the shot. I'll work on it!


 

Everyone has icicle trouble. 





I went into town the other day.
These icicles are dripping sideways!




The Pines (a Bracebridge LTC home) has some icicle issues.

One firm had been hired to power wash them away.
 On the right the before shot!
You can see, below, icicles...all gone. Glad he's not my husband/son! It's a long drop...

We have some hard-working folks with no fear of heights!

8 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Wouldn't be my kind of job. But why do they have to come down anyway, safety?

Jenn Jilks said...

I would say so, Gaelyn. We're expecting rain today.
And it is a senior's nursing home (officially called long-term care) with much traffic underneath.
Here are photos from Dec 21! Lots of ice.

Jain said...

Love the Jays in your header! I wonder how the angled icicles formed.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

One of those babies falling on your head at just the right angle could do some real damage. Brave people to do that job.

Your dripping icicle picture is great!

I too love your new header photo.

SandyCarlson said...

The birds in your header are beautiful. and so are the drips!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: I should have thought of this when we melted. Great photo of the Blue Jay squabble.

Judy said...

The blue jays are wonderful! But the photo of the drip coming off the icicle is fabulous! How long did you have to wait for it?

Jenn Jilks said...

Thank you, Judy! I didn't so much wait, as clicked 40 photos on high speed and chose the best ones. Some were blurry, some I was too slow. You had to watch it long enough to anticipate the drip.
My eye-hand coordination is not all that swift!