Wednesday 4 November 2009

photos of a dark day - poetic inspiration



buds wait steeped in slumber
bereft of summer rainbows
cold gray branches 
lifting towards the light
shrugging deeper into quilted jacket
my face turns to the dawn




a single silver drop of dew falls 
the devil’s halo spreads beneath
rings on the black surface
beyond the ken of humans

laden clouds move 
across the languid lake
haunted by its chilling stillness
drops fall like tears
first one
then two
skeleton fingered trees
reflect on murky water
umber oak leaves 
sinking like my dreams 


dancing in the breeze
my spirit rises 
above the creamy horizon
there where angels dance

uplifted by red maple buds
waiting for penumbral dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if this is in response, or if you know, but Andrew passed away on Monday. Terribly sorry.

Jenn Jilks said...

Thank you for telling me. It wasn't actually. I did not know.

I liked Andrew's posts. We ahd some terrific conversations. I had sent him an e-mail on Monday, too.