Thursday 26 November 2009

Happy US Thanksgiving - touchdown!










I am grateful to my American friends to the south who made such a day possible.

How delightful, that there are three NFL games on to make hubby terribly happy!

Thanksgiving is such a big event in the US. More travellers than December.

I am grateful, too, that we have rain not snow.


There were years... rain, snow, sleet or hail...

We've had rain in Muskoka for a couple of days.

It could be worse...
and last year we had snow at this time of year.


On November 21, 2008, we had a frog pond that was frozen over.

Yesterday the mergansers were trolling for fish.



3 comments:

Mary said...

Strange way to spend a holiday, isn't it? Love that sign! I'm not a football watcher, but I'm sure Mike will be glued to the set at some point. Especially if the Colts are playing. Great day for reading and quilting and taking photos :-).....and eating.

Gaelyn said...

I like your sign. So will Hubby be dead after 3 games? I don't watch football. Is that what all the Thanksgiving hoopala is all about? LOL
Big difference between your annual weather.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I tell you what. Three games is one too many.