Monday 19 October 2009

poem about complainers




kwicher complainin'
we have it good
there lots to do
in my beautiful wood

walk or talk
or shoot the breeze
take a hike under shedding trees

the joy and beauty
of this place
fills my heart with eternal grace

If you but stop
and roses smell
your heart in anger will not dwell

a weekend filled
with whining crush
my wine will make a singing thrush

I'm a bit tired,
busy day for me,

but couldn't resist stabbing hypocrisy

no matter where
you place your heart
your attitude is the place to start
~~~~~~~~

You may ask why...but I noticed someone did a search for poems about complainers, and my 'complaining rant' turned up. Figured I might whip one off!

5 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Your photos are very beautiful and your verse is inspiring.

judy in ky said...

We all need a good rant now and then... good one!

EcoRover said...

Thanks for the cheery poem. There were a few lines where you seemed to be channeling a bit of Blake (thinking of Auguries of Innocence, I think).

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks, all! I like to play with words. Good for the brain cells!

Kay said...

This is a great poem. I really liked it. I dabbled in poetry in college but could never be pleased with the end product. This is really good.