Saturday 19 September 2009

Round Robin Challenge: chickens

"Round Robin Challenge: Chickens"

You'd think Muskoka (cottage country) wouldn't be the place for them. But it is! Lots of hobby farms and people who believe in fresh country eggs.


This is one that did not get away. A free range chicken the kids brought for our dining pleasure and my daughter's 30th birthday dinner.

These are at Nancy Tapley's resort, near Deerhurst.
Here are some chickens in flight...OK, as close as they'll ever get!
This one peered around the fence at me, hoping I would feed it! These are Nancy Tapley's Muskoka chickens, I call her the Chicken Whisperer, featured on a previous post, and on YouTube! She is brilliant with all creatures, two and 4-legged!

looking at the skyFor more Round Robin participants, click on the meme badge.

11 comments:

ellen b said...

Hi Jenn! Love those chicken in flight shots. Great capture. That free range chicken for dinner looks very tasty! Happy Saturday to you!

Gaelyn said...

It's a good thing I don't raise chickens or I'd never be able to eat them. Your dinner sure looks yummy.

eileeninmd said...

I love the chickens, and the robin in your photo. Thanks for sharing your critters.

Teena in Toronto said...

My freezer of full of chicken.

I played too :)

Jenn Jilks said...

My hubby is not keen on chicken, Gaelyn, having had to slaughter them on the farm in the good old days, when he was a youngster. Not a pleasant memory!

I usually change it somehow: under spaghetti sauce, or something, Teena! We try have it no more than weekly.

Carly said...

Hi Jenn :)

My goodness that roast chicken looks yummy! I love the action shot of the chickens fighting. Nice round-up of photos.

-Carly

Nancy Tapley said...

Tiptoe Flight! The girls specialize in this. Great shot!

Jenn Jilks said...

Actually, Carly, the 'girls' are running to meet their Mommy, Nancy, who has food for them! :-)

Lana G! said...

Dinner looks FABULOUS! The flying chickens are too funny!!

Linda said...

Love those "flying" chickens!!

Suzanne R said...

The roasted free-range chicken looks delicious! I love the running/flying chickens! Nice job!

My blog is at http://suzyq421sphotoblog.blogspot.com