Friday 31 July 2009

Pets


This is the kind of story that warms my heart. After 9 years, and 2000 km away, they find this poor dog, Muffy (see the video!) suffering from flea allergies, but otherwise well.

Do look after your pet, if it goes outdoors, especially in cottage country and on holiday. There are stories of losing animals in such situations.

I know what it is like to lose an animal.
What a story that advocates for microchipping a pet.

This photo is our dog, Jenny, (don't ask, I don't know, or cant recall why we'd name a dog, when I was 'Jenn'). The photo has to be about 30 years old. Great memories.

Pets were an important part of our family life. Not so for every family, I know. Some of my blogger buddies have all sorts of incredible creatures. What is ironic is that some of my kids have allergies to cats, and we have 3! Fortunately, they are all adults and have their own residences...

What kinds of pets do you have?


2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Pets. Where would we be without them Jenn. I have had a series of dogs - latterly a pug, Algy, then a Pointer, Oscar, and now a Border Terrier, Tess. This is the first bitch I have had in my whle life and I must say her temperament is wonderful. We have two farm cats - Blackie and Creamy (I know they are not very original names!) - Blackie is friendlt, Creamy (half Siamese) is very aloof. We also have a border collie, Tip who is the working farm dog. Tess gets me out several times a day for walks and is also a constant companion. I can't imagine life without dogs and cats.

Jayne said...

Hi Jenn,

You have a very lovely blog here as well. Thanks for stopping by my Journey Through Grace! Have a lovely day. :c)