Wednesday 17 June 2009

Road Trip

He was an amazing DJ. I never did find him. The man was on Moose FM. Song after song soothed my soul. I tried to incorporate each song... can you spot them?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Road Trip on a long w/e

with his Australian accent he lovingly coos...
drive safely
"remember somebody out there loves you"
my eyes tear with remembrance

love, lovers and loving
I sing along with the old songs
hum the new
seniors sight see slowly
accountants accelerating only to the limit
trees dressed in reds,
like Jann's Blood Red Cherries

remember somebody out there loves you

oranges and greens
shimmer in the frost
snow accents the Precambrian Shield
granite glistens in the sunlight of a beautiful day

leaves dance in their beautiful coats
as the wind lovingly leads them to gyrations of spirit
Jann Arden sings of 4 million souls
so many souls lose their way


cars journey on to jockey for position
passing on the double lines
lonely men and women carry on in solitude
hurrying to emptiness
still, in thoughtful pontification he entreats us
remember somebody out there loves you

Creed calls us
embrace the highway of this life
With Arms Wide Open
the mist rises up from the valleys,
shadows dance on the pavement

remember somebody out there loves you

as a soul must rise to heaven
I don't know if I've ever been touched
by a hand that loved me
Matchbox 20 moans tuition
cost of learning

better than the cost of ignorance


cars with partners
one asleep in the passenger side
the driver leans over to caress her cheek

I left a lonely lover
heart of gold on his chest
we softly spoke of love forever
a beautiful person
I spoke of divergent backgrounds
he spoke of love and loneliness
I spoke of uncommon interests and depths of the soul

remember somebody out there loves you

days of sunshine and gently murmured endearments
best meant for soul mates
Verve Pipe decries the ignorance of freshmen
I tried not to touch my face
I've been pushing elephants up the stairs
like the Man in the moon

remember somebody out there loves you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: