Thursday 19 February 2009

Tell Me...

On the date of President Obama's visit to Ottawa, Canada. I post my poem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are all part of the universe

Tell me where the rain ends and the cloud begins
Tell me where the cloud ends and the water begins
Tell me where the water ends and the sky begins
Tell me where the sky ends and the shore begins
Tell me where the shore ends and the beach begins
Tell me where the beach begins and the wave begins
Tell me where the wave ends and the ocean begins
Tell me where the ocean ends and the sky begins
Tell me where the sky ends and the sunbeam begins
Tell me where the sunbeam ends and the sun begins

Tell me where the petal ends and the flower begins
Tell me where the flower ends and the stem begins
Tell me where the stem ends and root begins
Tell me where the root ends and the earth begins

Tell me where the anger ends and the fear begins
Tell me where the fear ends and healing begins
Tell me where the healing ends and the body begins
Tell me where the body ends and the spirit begins
Tell me where my spirit ends and love begins
Tell me where the love ends and God begins

3 comments:

giggles said...

Beautiful...

Did you watch in on his visit at all?

So many hopes rest on his shoulders... and so much ill will that wishes him to fail.... So many small minds in this political B.S.... Sometimes I can't stand it....

I'd love for the economy to be fixed and us to get out of the war...yesterday!

Jenn Jilks said...

I sat glued to the TV, giggles! I had work to do at home. The pundits profess disgust at the fooferaw (sp?), but regular folks like me embrace change.

Yes, we can!

at the cottage said...

Loved your poem Jenn. I was skeptical about Obama's visit (I am a Hillary fan) but I was completely charmed and smitten.

What a great day day!