Sunday 22 February 2009

Peace

the rising sun warms my skin
lake water laps the shore
rhythmic motions
smoothing furrows on our brows
penetrating my weather wearied soul

moss moist
fragrant with earthy smells
redolent of centuries past
comforting cycles of seasons
how firm our foundation
birth
death
rebirth

bird song amongst the lofty leaves
savour the smell of pine
my soul resonates in joy
reverence creeps through my being
gratitude for these gifts
the peace of this place
a beacon to guide me on
to seek truth
purpose
clarity of vision
my soul flourishes

2 comments:

sam said...

Hey there, I noticed your blog from your post at Readwritepoem. Just dropping by to say I like your poetry and keep it up! Have a great day :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks, Sam! I appreciate that. So many undiscovered worlds out in cyberspace!