Thursday 5 February 2009

5 ways blogging changed my life

I read an interesting post last year. It was not truly a study as it fails to reflect scientific validity and reliability measures. However, reflection is good for the soul.

1. One way blogging has changed my life is in its influence on how I must understand my values. To clarify my position on politics, the environment, and other issues, I might put these notions into language.

2. Studies in autobiography and therapy demonstrate that blogging is good for your psyche.

3. Blogging makes the long, dark, cold winters easier to take. I can share the beauty of the winter, and better appreciate what is going on around me.

4. Blogging helps me to improve my writing practice, essential for a writer to 'practice', and put thoughts into words, finding just the right nuance of phrase, or particular word.

5. Blogging keep my brain in gear. I have spent the last two years writing and researching a book, and now find there is a bit of a void. I don't want to lose those skills.

I hope blogging is not a memetic behaviour, since many are only using blogging to fill in their own agenda: for profit. I resent those who advocate for affiliate marketing, as I do not want to be influenced by those only in this for profit.

I am tired of looking at web pages created by big corporations, like Oprah, or tax-funded ones, like CBC.ca, who must ravage my eyes and force spam upon me. Surely Oprah has enough money that she need not advertise on her pages?

No comments: